Our project collaborates with the University Pablo de Olavide, Seville, Spain. Our local partner there is Professor Clemente Navarro.
We have also institutional ties with the York Centre for Political Theory, University of York, directed by Professor Mónica Brito Vieira.
In 2019, the POPULUS project started collaborating with The PopuList, a list of European parties that can be classified as populist that results from the close cooperation between academics and journalists, initiated by The Guardian.
Other research centres working on similar topics as our project’s:
- Center for European Studies, Harvard:
Populism, Nationalism and Radical Politics Study Group
- University of Turku
Nurturing Populism? The Impact of the Media on the Growth of Populist Parties in Finland, the Netherlands and France
- Birmingham City University
Patriotism and Populism
- Institute for International Studies, Stanford
- Team Populism (https://populism.byu.edu/)
- Demos (https://demos-h2020.eu/en)
- Extremism and Democracy (https://standinggroups.ecpr.eu/extremismanddemocracy/)
- C-Rex (https://www.sv.uio.no/c-rex/english/)
- CARR (https://www.radicalrightanalysis.com/)
Other relevant initiatives:
- University of Delaware, Center for Global and Area Studies: Global Populism Lecture Series